Rhett turned and looked at Scarlett
a pensive question on his face.
Scarlett sensed Rhett's thoughts and
returned his gaze.
"Why Rhett, honey, what is it you look so
serious?"
"Scarlet, what if they were wrong?"
"What if who was wrong?"
"You know all those people who read our
book and were rooting for us to be together?"
Scarlett looked at Rhett's strong profile.
And it would break her heart if she had to
tell him the truth.
She knew what that writer had done, because
the author had told her in the silence of her soul
how their story was going to end and why she did
it that way with that particular ending.
The writer and her had huddled together in Scarlett's room and
discussed the ending.
Finally the author confessed, "It was because of the money."
"The money," Scarlett said.
She was not comprehending this. "What money" she said?
Well, Scarlett, you must know I am getting paid handsomely in
dollars for the way this book ends.
"No," replied Scarlett.
"No," this can't be.
Yes, it is replied the author.
"I won't participate in this," cried Scarlett,
putting her hand to her forehead.
"You don't have a choice said the author."
Rhett was shaking Scarlett's shoulder.
"Scarlett, honey, what's the matter
you look like you have seen a ghost."
"Rhett, let's go away for awhile."
"Why Honey you know I would go to the
earth's end for you but what precipitates
this thought, why now?"
"Rhett, there is something I have to tell you."
"Well, he drawled, what is it my dear?"
"It's about our very existence she murmured."
"Oh, Scarlett, you know I hate it when you
get all philosophical."
"Rhett, you have to listen to me."
"I hate it when you catch one of your moods."
Scarlett let out sigh and realized she wasn't
being very effective. She would have to try
something else.
The sky was beginning to get dark.
And the author turned and took a sip from her mug.
the end!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment