Doris remembered those words that she read a long
time ago in Gone with the Wind, when
Rhett told Scarlett that one line which
became a cliche for generations to come;
"Come on Scarlett, life is a merry go round
made just for us to ride."
Scarlett and Rhett had walked down to their
favorite pond down by Ole Miller's farm and
their laughter hung in the air and Scarlett's
eyes sparkled as she looked up at her man.
Rhett, darling, I'll always remember you
no matter where I go. I'll remember this
sunny day when the fairies danced in the
tall green grass and Murphy their yorkie
followed the two of them yapping at their
heals. Their hearts were transparent and
their thoughts although hidden in their
genetic material telescoped across the short
space between them.
Oh, Rhett, darling do you think it is true
are we the kindred spirts they speak of in
that immortal book enshrined in every
american's heart am I the woman you first saw
full of kindness that will cripple a man in
his steps turn him into a warthog and then
serve him peaches in a fluid cream sauce
under a tall green tree. Scarlett decided
she was and kissed her man with a wide
floppy wet kiss on the lips.
love you forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment